Sunday, February 5, 2012

"Winter" wear


Today, I fed my inner child a doughnut with a ton of colorful sprinkles. My inner child was very happy. My outer adult was all like "Didn't you say you were giving up sugar? What's going on? What's happening here?" Sprinkles, people. They are irresistible. That is what's going on. That is what's happening here.


This is what I wore to feed my inner child and be chastised by my outer adult.


The big ol' sweater has a big ol' collar. My opinion about it changes every time I wear it.


But that sweater is old news. These boots are new! As in I actually bought them without someone else owning them first. I've been wanting boots like this for a long time and finally went for it. I bought them from Delia's online. That pleased my inner 14 year old.


This is what the sweater looks like when the big ol' collar isn't all buttoned up. I prefer the sweater this way.


 Here, I'm pretending it's cold. Because it's February. And it's supposed to be cold in February.


But actually I spent my doughnut-date with Robert dressed like this. (But my facial expression was less ridiculous and more normal and human and pleasant.) I was too warm in the sweater. This dress isn't amazing from the front, but the back? 


The back is where it's at! Look at that! There are buttons! And a cut out! Yes!


The back of my boots are a pretty big deal too. I plan to wear these for the rest of the winter. And by winter, I might mean "winter." I'll wear these as long as it's cooler than 65 degrees.

(Dress and sweater thrifted. Boots: Delias's. Sock tights: Who knows. I probably bought them from Delia's when I was 14 years old.)

25 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for leaving a comment!
I know i can not resist sprinkles as well!
Love your dress
I am a new follower

Take care

Ariane

Lizzie said...

Thanks so very much for the comment and visiting my blog :)

I love the chunky sweater with the cute button and the amazing cut-out detail on the back of that dress! So cute!

xo
Lizzie
placeclevertitlehere.blogspot.com

Loulou said...

Oh yeah .. I want that donut, and those boots!

Loulou

Lovers, Saints & Sailors said...

Killer boots!

Oh man...now I want a doughnut.

Teddi said...

your writing is very fun & sassy! i'm sure it matches your personality. :) i adore the blue sweater with the collar, & the boots, & the back detailing of the grey dress. i don't think i have much saved from age 14, but i have heaps of things, like tights, socks, & jewelry from my 18 & 19 yr. old self.

Monsterchen said...

oh this dress is so supercute, i love the back, and the blue cardi is amazing too!
love and kiss,mary
http://maryloucinnamon.blogspot.com/

chantilly said...

sprinklesssss. i think you made the right decision by satiating your inner child :) you look super cozy!

Green Tea and Cupcakes said...

MMMMMM Doughnut, keep feeding the inner child. The inner child knows best!

Valeria said...

Love your blog!!! xoxo from Rome

www.rockandfrock.com

Ps. Follow each other???

Katsuumi said...

Nice look and delicious food ;)

Sophie said...

Oooo what a pretty dress! Love love love the cut out back!
Thanks for your comment on my blog lovely!
Sophie
x

Megan said...

That dress is adorable, I love the cut-out in the back - it's so unexpected!

Anonymous said...

I'm happy for your inner child...I know mine can't resist a donut either ;) LOVE those boots, cute cute cute!

<3 Cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com

Scarlett said...

Oooh donut! My problem is that i feed my inner child too often ;o) You look great in the dress and boots :o) Scarlett x

Unknown said...

Great boots and great looking donut ;-) I love sprinkles to especaily on chocolate drops ;-)) Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a lovely comment. dee x

Miss Psycho Cat said...

I like the color of your coat :)
Thank you for lovely comment

Unknown said...

Hey!

Thank you for your nice comment! I love the colour of your cardi and these fab boots! :)

Madeline Quaint said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog!

Nice sweater, especially unbuttoned. :)

thekellytang said...

yay for sprinkles! Yummy! Love the cut out on the dress! :)

<3 Kelly

Yael said...

You look very lovely! (The donut does too!) :-)

Valeria said...

Thanks a lot for your lovely comment, I start following, hope you'll follow back!!! xoxo from Rome

www.rockandfrock.com

Florencece said...

you look so great! follow you :)

xoxo
florencece.blogspot.com

hope in high heels said...

Love the dress, particularly the surprise back! And those boots... I'd be tempted to wear them through summer too

Anna said...

Oooh! love the boots and the dress! My winter has been mild for the most part (I'm over in Idaho) so I've been able to get away with some nontraditional "winter" wear too. :)

Melanie said...

i totally agree - sprinkles are like, my favorite thing. ever.