Sunday, April 12, 2015

Style Icon: Rickie Vasquez


Oh God, how much did I love "My So-Called Life"? At the time of watching it (freshman year of high school), I thought it was my life -- I had the straight-laced old friend and the kind of crazy new friend, I had the curly-haired boy who liked me and the musician boy I liked, and I had the gay best friend, my very own Rickie Vasquez. Oh high school, I remember you well.


Rickie was the sweetest, most stylish boy. Look at him in his vest and backwards hat! He's also just so pretty. So, so pretty.


His style is by no means timeless. "My So-Called Life" is a very '90s show, and Rickie looks pretty '90s throughout it. But, in my opinion, if you're going to look really dated, the '90s is a good decade to be stuck in due to its fabulousnes and oddly bright clothing.


I see your one earring, Rickie! I see your Sgt. Pepper's coat! I see the clashing shirt underneath! I see your fab hair and pretty eyes, and I know you sometimes wear eyeliner, which is awesome! Rickie was a ground-breaking character back in the day. He was like Kurt from Glee except he was never allowed to get the boy. While high school might have been a bit rough for Rickie, I like to believe his character grew up to live a happy, amazing life. He probably majored in art. He probably lives in New York City. He is probably breaking hearts left and right. He probably still wears that Sgt. Pepper's coat.

2 comments:

Emmylou said...

I've never seen this show....I missed out! That coat alone he's wearing in the last pic...awesome.

Becky said...

I had a friend who loved this show!! I need his red coat STAT!