Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Style Icon: Doris Day


Doris Day is my favorite movie career gal. I feel like people look at her as very un-feminist, but I'm not sure why. I guess because she's so virginal? (Favorite quote about her: "I knew Doris Day before she was a virgin," -- Oscar Levant.)


In her movies, she is always career-focused and fabulous. She is terribly competent and won't put up with any nonsense. And she wears great hats! And coats! And kitten heels!


And, okay, she always ends up with the man who is after her, but I love that about her movies too. There's a push and pull between the Rock Hudson/Cary Grant character and she changes and he changes too and then they allegedly live happily ever after. Change is good!


Pink coats and tall blond hair and long gloves are also good! Plus the lady sings. And she loves animals. And she's so impossibly cheerful in her movies, you can't help but be in a good mood while watching them. Doris Day -- cheerful, career-girl style icon. 

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I love her too. She's so plucky and happy-go-lucky, yet sings like a vamp. And in real life she loves animals. And yes, a style icon.

Midnight Cowgirl said...

Her movies are so fun to watch :)