Wednesday, December 21, 2011

My mumu


Pictured above is my mumu. I guess it's actually a maxi dress, but it definitely serves the same purpose as a mumu: sweet, precious, lazy comfort.

I bought it this fall when the weather was frigid. I came back from my thrift store adventure with this and a little black dress and a little red dress. The black and red dresses could be worn at holiday gatherings or in everday life with layers. This maxi dress, however, screamed SUMMER. Robert laughed at me when I showed it to him. "You don't always just thrift for the season you're in!" I told him. It's one of my thrifting rules. Find something awesome? Snatch it up. Summer will come again.

But I didn't wait for summer. This is my new mumu. The semester is over (All A's, what what!), and I have two weeks before student teaching starts. Allegedly, I will spend these weeks getting my house in order. So far, I've spent my days reading The Hunger Games trilogy (SO GOOD) and making country music mix CDs... and wearing this maxi-dress mumu maybe a bit too much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha! I totally JUST found a super bright color-blocked mini dress at Goodwill for $5. I won't be able to wear it for months. But that was NOT a reason to pass it up. I'm with you, shopping in this off season is totally a Thrifting MUST!