Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Out of control



This used to be my favorite belly-hiding shirt. Not anymore! There's no hiding that belly. Let's be honest. "It's out of control!" I told my husband when we took this walk and took these pictures. He believes the belly is actually under control (which is nice of him but inaccurate).


Walking is so, so hot these days, but I think it's better than the alternative. If I don't walk, I have more aches and pains than if I do walk. Who knows why, but that's the truth. So we wait until the sun starts to lower and take to the humid, humid streets. "I feel like I'm in someone's mouth," I told Robert. It's a great line. I didn't make it up. My grad-school friend Laurie Saurborn Young used to say that all the time. I credited her accordingly. Ugh. Walking outside will feel like being in someone's mouth for many months to come...

4 comments:

Emmylou said...

I am totally stealing that quote:D

Isabella said...

Oo, that top is so pretty! I love the color and expressive pattern, it reminds me of Van Gogh's Starry Night :) It's a great maternity top.

It's too bad that you have to chose either aches or discomfort from extreme heat. Hang in there!

~Isabella
adventuresinhel.blogspot.fi 

Sonya Mann said...

Ewwww the concept of being in someone's mouth >.< Accurate description, though. I think the belly is indeed out of control, but it's LOVELY!

Hollie Black-Ramsey said...

aw! big sweet belly!