1. My husband wearing a bow tie. Loving it. (He wore it to The Lion King.)
4. Setting up my classroom and getting ready for the school year. I am feeling really excited and positive.
5. Avocados. Oh yes.
6. Watching Breaking Pointe: Reality television about ballet? Why did I not already know about this? I am so addicted.
7. Watching dance documentaries to get my Breaking Pointe fix between Breaking Pointe episodes. My favorite: First Position. It made me cry. It follows young dancers competing for awards/scholarships at this giant event in New York. The stories are all fascinating, but I especially love Michaela, who was born in war-torn Sierra Leon and was adopted by white parents (her mother discusses racism in the dance world, and she's filmed staying up late at night dying "flesh colored" parts of ballet costumes darker for her daughter -- because "flesh colored" isn't really the color of everyone's flesh). It's just such a beautiful, moving documentary filled with gorgeous dancing and touching stories.
9. Buying tickets to see "Sleeping Beauty" because I am on a dance kick.
10. Big news: My sister got engaged!