Monday, November 4, 2013

A very pink dress


I wasn't 100 percent sure I wanted to own this dress when I tried it on in the thrift store, but it was $5 and an adorable shade of very, very pink so I went for it.


It follows that high-low trend that seems to be a thing right now (a thing that I am not for or against really, kind of neutral about the high-low trend), and it's super-duper comfortable. I wore it to go to the Bechtler Museum of Art in downtown Charlotte, snag lunch and then visit IKEA. We parked in the parking lot with my favorite elevators ever. See how pretty?


At IKEA, I found an owl pillow that matched my dress perfectly. We did no purchase said pillow, but we did come home with a polka-dotted rug. I love wandering through IKEA's showrooms. It's so fun to daydream. That said, the crowds can get out of hand, and by the end of the trip I was ready to skeedaddle for sure. Too many people! Sensory overload! So many prints! SO MANY! Too many. But then we took our rug home and I unwound with a bit of Scandal (Olivia Pope, I love you!), and it was a lovely Sunday indeed.


9 comments:

Jane said...

i love wandering through the showrooms at ikea as well. the pink dress is cute and i love the length of it as well!

Peaches McGinty said...

what an amazing sculpture to showcase your gorgeous dress! Ikea is like a maze for us, we get lost all the time and then aim for hotdogs and extras! the polka dot rug sounds cute! x x

two squirrels said...

Pretty in pink. Love v

Lisa said...

I love the room sets in IKEA, especially the kitchens and dining rooms.
Lisa x

Witchcrafted Life said...

That it is! And what a splendidly pretty shade of pink it is. So bubbly, upbeat and eye-catching. I can't help but think how nicely it would partner with the pink sneakers in your last post (for those days when wants to sport head-to-toe pink).

♥ Jessica

Shybiker said...

Yes! We should all wear more pink. It lifts our spirits.

Sue said...

Your look lovely in that pink dress and I do like the sculpture you are standing under, it is amazing!

Melanie said...

I'm glad you pinked out. This looks awesome on you! And I love that sculpture.

Unknown said...

I have the owl pillow and will be getting an orange polka dot rug next week!!! now following you! come check out my blog and follow? XOXO-M
www.euphoricfashiontrends.blogspot.com