Saturday, March 1, 2014

Optical Illusion

Where's the bump?


Little secret: Back before I was pregnant, I had a bit of a belly, and I loved the above shirt because it 100 percent hid it. Best. Shirt. Ever. It's a thrifted maternity shirt, and the pattern and cut creates an optical illusion of a relatively flat stomach. It even works on my almost-five-months pregnant belly. (But some people tell me I don't look pregnant at all. And then other people (okay just one person) say I look *at least* six months. And I'm all like "Stop body policing me people!").

Anyway, this is a really good shirt, preggers or not preggers. An excellent, time-tested thrifted find.

5 comments:

Becky said...

You're pregnant!? I've missed so much! I had a bit of a belly before & after I was pregnant and I've been asked several times about my 'pregnancy'---when I was NOT preggers. I loveeee belly bump hiding clothes :)

Peaches McGinty said...

It's a great shirt, and it does hide the baby bump! when I was pregnant my midwife described me as a galleon of ships coming towards her, I was open mouthed aghast! x x x

Vix said...

Congratulations! You're looking radiant! x

Emmylou said...

I like tops like this:) I actually have a few pregnancy tops I still wear, even though I haven't been pregnant in awhile...ahem.....

Anonymous said...

Big guts are cool , I rock my beer gut!! D: