Thursday, June 11, 2015

Cool water

"That dress looks like how jumping into cool water feels. Don't you want mommy to look like how jumping into cool water feels?" I asked Thomas. He did. He was very patient and let me try it on and didn't fuss one bit. Then I bought it. It was an impulse buy while at Target (they have the best overnight diapers, they just do), but I have no regrets. 


The color in this photo isn't great because we took it at 8 at night (Hello summer!), but the print is a vibrant blue with sort of a watery-reflection-of-sun thing happening. I wore it to walk the dog and later to sit on the couch and feel melancholy about my fifth-graders "graduating." The school year is pretty much done. I had to say some final goodbyes to students. Ugh. Hate it. Love teaching. Get all invested. Then they have the nerve to do well and move on with their lives!

2 comments:

Kezzie said...

Well it's a lovely dress! Lovely pattern and what a nice description!x

Midnight Cowgirl said...

Maxi dresses are awesome! Love it :)