Sunday, November 13, 2011

Snack time

Yesterday, I was at my in-laws home and was a bit hungry so my mother-in-law whipped up a "snack" in 30 seconds.


It looked like it belonged in a food magazine -- spinach and peppers, pork tenderloin, mandarin oranges and a delicious homemade curry dressing. 

I was impressed, but I wasn't surprised. You get some seriously elegant/yummy food when you visit their place. 

Robert didn't cook at all when we met, but he's always been a foodie and has turned into a fun, try-anything chef since we moved in together. I think this is because I don't cook a lot and when I do it's healthy hippie food (He has little interest in discovering what tempeh is). He grew up with his mom, the amazing cook, and later moved in with his best friend Mike, the equally amazing cook (although Mike's aesthetic is less elegant and more "How can we make this so hot our heads explode?"). Then he moved in with me and realized if someone was going to make the fab food, it was probably going to be him.

So now he's always making delicious things. And then his friends come over and make delicious things. And then we go to his mother's or grandmother's and they make delicious things. It's not a bad life to have.


2 comments:

Laura Bray said...

Oh my goodness this looks delicious! I wish I had the ability to just whip up stuff like this!

-Laura xx
http://wrinkleintimevintage.blogspot.com

his_girl_friday said...

I know, right?