Sunday, November 30, 2014

Style Icon: Andy Warhol


Wig. Glasses. Sometimes no glasses. Black clothes. Ties. Someone glamorous by his side. This was Andy Warhol's signature style.


Edie Sedgwick is my favorite Andy Warhol arm candy. She really was pretty fabulous. Andy Warhol -- fabulous as well and also odd and socially awkward. 


I am of the opinion that anything you call art is art. It might be really terrible art, but I'm not going to tell you it isn't art. (I will say it's bad art. Or boring art.) Everything Andy Warhol did? I think it's for sure art. Even that stack of tomato cans. It's all about context. It's all about branding and American consumerism.


And his look is minimalist and consistent. A part of me really admires this. A part of me wishes I just had an interesting haircut and wore minimalist clothes and that was my look. More of me, however, digs the Edie Sedgwick vibe. Maryjane shoes and a feathered coat? Yes please!

2 comments:

Emmylou said...

These two were the coolest cats.

Hollie Black-Ramsey said...

Andy is super cool.