Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Loving Lately

Lately I've been loving...


* This "Come to Here" sign, which was at the line for the shuttle at the Highland Games. Excellent wordage!


* Big Boss' Hell's Belle is spicy good fun and goes great with orange cream bars! Happy summer to you!



* Salami-covered hot dogs because, you know, hot dogs weren't unhealthy enough to begin with (yum, yum, yum).


* Vance Toe River Lodge is such super fun. We went there last weekend as an excursion away from the Highland Games. First, we went on a ziplining canopy tour (no pictures allowed, but it scared me, people, it scared me, but I tried to keep cool, and it was pretty and I survived!), then we tried their microbrewery Blind Squirrel (and then Robert started daydreaming about quitting his day job to become a full-time brewer, which is the daydream he has every time we visit a microbrewery), and then we had a yummy dinner. If you're a North Carolinian or visiting the Appalachian mountains, give this place a go!



* This sign, which was posted in the Blind Squirrel Brewery's bar. Ha! So true. So, so true.

* I've also collected a couple of fun links from ye ol' interwebs this week. Check them out:

          --- Dustin Hoffman brought to tears when talking about women and the movie "Tootsie"

          --- Leslie on xoJane explaining why "Dirty Dancing" is a subversive masterpiece.

          --- Forever 21 fans can now buy a "Retro Phone Handset," which I think is hilarious

          --- French lady fashion inspiration

          --- And finally, this post on pin ups from Little Chief Honeybee. Enjoy!

10 comments:

Marie a la Mode said...

Love the "Come To Here" sign ; )

Shybiker said...

Great post. Love the pictures and links.

Leanne Cornelius said...

Salami covered hot dogs? Can I come to your next BBQ!?! x

Amanda said...

cool pics =)

Teddi said...

oh my gosh, you went ziplining! i would be terrified. aren't you proud of yourself? that is freaking awesome. orange dream bars scream summer. the retro handset is funny to me too. how timely and true about the facebook sign.

LyddieGal said...

haha, that sign is awesome!
Chic on the Cheap

Melanie said...

I must make a hat with "Come to here" written on it. The hot dogs are the hot doggiest dogs I've seen. Yum. Especially with dollops of Cheez Whiz cheese product!
I checked out all your links. I loved the Hoffman interview. My estimation of that man just went way up, although it was already pretty high.

welldressedmaker said...

Wait Wait Wait... salami covered hotdogs? Holy crap, those sound delicious!

Becky said...

Dang those salami covered hot dogs and hell's belle ale look delish!

Melancholy and Menace said...

Okay - this post suddenly makes me want a hot dog and a cold beer!

Winter Moon