Sunday, October 19, 2014

Pumpkin patch


 I recently learned that one of the teachers at my school has a family farm with hayrides, horses and a big ol' pumpkin patch, and when I learned this, of course, I knew I had to go visit! I am all about farms, hayrides and pumpkins, and horses are pretty okay too! There were children galore, and they all seemed to be having a stellar, farm-tastic time. Thomas was way on the young end of the spectrum (at three months, there's really no other end of the spectrum for him to be on), and he wasn't that into it. I mean, he's usually pretty happy when he's outside, but the hayride, horses and pumpkins did nothing for him, which is just fine. He's a tiny baby! He'd much rather watch a ceiling fan than a horse at this point in his life. Sometimes, I get a little sad about how fast my baby is growing (seriously, this kid is huge), but then I remind myself of all the fun times we have ahead of us. On the hayride, there was a woman with her 22-year-old son, and they were going to go to a fabulous, trendy restaurant afterwards, and I thought -- yep, Thomas and I (and his daddy) have a very fun future ahead of us (and the present is pretty awesome too).

4 comments:

Midnight Cowgirl said...

What a cute picture!

Becky said...

Awwww cute! And, yes, the future holds lots of fun!

Hollie Black-Ramsey said...

Cute! We went to a pumpkin patch yesterday to take a few pics but there was no one out there attending the patch sooooo we just left.

Melancholy and Menace said...

Aww, such a gorgeous family photo :)