Sunday, April 13, 2014

Style Icon: Darlene Conner


Darlene was the smart-mouthed, smart-brained Conner kid on "Roseanne." She had long, messy hair and embraced '90s grunge full force.


Sometimes she was a little goth. Sometimes she was a little Kurt Cobain. Always, she was awesome.


The girl did denim-on-denim, and she did it well. Her jeans had holes. Her boots had stomp. 


And her boyfriend was a giant geek. (Hey Leonard! How's it going?) Have I mentioned her love of flannel? She really loved flannel. A lot of people loved flannel in the '90s. What happened to that? Let's bring that look back. Let's bring it back in the name of Darlene, style icon.

3 comments:

Eleni said...

I just wanted to let you know that I agree with 100% of your Style Icon posts. 100%.

PS: apparently 90s grunge is totally back! I knew I just had to bide my time :)

Sonya Mann said...

Yes. '90s style = yes. I love flannel.

Becky said...

My whole family loved this show---family TV!!! Love her and LEONARD on Big Bang is such a treat now!