Monday, June 16, 2014

Leaf dress

I thrifted this gorgeous silk dress this winter when my baby bump barely existed. The jeans were thrifted too -- one of several maternity pairs I found in my early searches. Thrifting for the win!


I wore this to another baby class. This one was called "Transition into Motherhood." Robert was in a class at the same time called "Daddy Bootcamp." We had a thin wall separating the future moms and future dads, and we could hear each other laughing through it. It was a pretty fun and informative (oh the things that will be happening to me!). The male/female separation reminded me of when you separate the boys and girls in fifth-grade to teach them about the birds and the bees. The subject matter is related for sure!


One of my favorite things about this dress is the green sash. Such a great shade!


I also really love the print. Look at those pretty leaves! Such intricate lines!


So, yes, summer vacation is officially here. I've spent it at baby classes mostly. I think this is going to be a pretty baby-centric summer, which is fine with me. Look at my belly! How big is that thing going to get?

2 comments:

Melancholy and Menace said...

That's a beautiful dress, I love it!

Your bump has grown so much, and looks lovely.

Exciting times :)

Sonya Mann said...

I *love* this dress! So, I dunno, naturalistic. Thoreau would approve.