Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Style Icon: Lelaina in Reality Bites


Reality Bites is such a great piece of '90s fashion awesomeness. When people first started getting '90s nostalgia, I was like "What? Nostlagia?! The '90s were, like, yesterday!" But I'm coming to realize (and as the  years pass this becomes more and more true), that the '90s were quite a while ago, and I'm beginning to be a bit nostalgic about them too. I was a teen during that decade, and it was a great time to be a teen. I spent many hours watching and re-watching Reality Bites as it was the best.


 Everyone had great style. All of them. Clearly. As seen above.


I'm focusing on Lelaina in this post partly because she was the star and partly because I covet Winona Ryder's hair. She dresses sloppy throughout the movie and looks so fabulous in her sloppiness.


She looks great in red lipstick and muscle shirts.


And she also rocks the gas station shirt as did the hot boys at my high school. 


But here and there she cleans up, and when she does, she looks right nice. There she is, our '90s heroine, looking like "a doily" (to quote the movie), but what a great doily she is!

4 comments:

Emmylou said...

Obsessed with this movie....obsessed!!!!

Becky said...

I was a 90s teen, too! Still love all the 90s styles :)

Peaches McGinty said...

The 90's were cool! Winona always looked amazing x x x

Sonya Mann said...

I need to see this?! Winona Ryder is a gem.