Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Pregnant Lady Peasant Blouse

"Is that vintage?" asked my stylish, designer-loving friend who can comfortably drop hundreds of bucks on a purse.
"I think so," I said "I'm not sure. It's thrifted."
"You're the only person I know who can find things like that when thrifting," she said.


What's my secret? Lots and lots of time spent thrifting. If you put the hours in, you find pretty awesome stuff. Of course, lots of people hate the idea of sifting through old stuff in order to find something fabulous. For me, it's super fun. But... I haven't been thrifting much lately. I am not letting myself buy anymore baby clothes because this baby has possibly too many clothes as it is (THEY ARE SO CUTE). And then thrifting is much less fun when pregnant. It's partly because I get winded doing not very much and my legs hurt etc., but it's mostly because nothing fits me. Plus-size isn't quite right. Straight-sizing is definitely not right. Maternity-wear is hard to find. Then, I think about thrifting clothes for my post-baby future, and I'm not sure what to buy for that either. What is my body going to look like? Surely, it won't be exactly the same as it was before. I know better than that!


But I have plenty of clothes and don't need to thrift any more (I just enjoy it!). This shirt is one of my favorite items pregnant or not. I love the cap sleeve and the crochet details and the pattern. It's so sweet and thin and summery. I've been wearing it a ton as it covers my pregnant belly. Also wearing a ton: My Birkenstocks, but they're beginning to get too small! I am swelling! Swelling, I say! It's the heat! The humidity! The being a pregnant-lady! Flip flops: I think you are in my future.

5 comments:

Emmylou said...

I can see why you love this top:) And yeah....flip flops when pregnant=awesome.

Beckerman Girls said...

You look beautiful! That top does rock and we are sooo happy that you are pregnant! CONGRATS!!! YAYAYA! Happy summer!
kisses
xoThe Beckerman Girls

www.BeckermanBlog.com

Lisa said...

Such a pretty top, the crochet detail really ups the cuteness factor.
Lisa x

mispapelicos said...

Soooooooooooooo radiant
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sonya Mann said...

I love the sweet blouse, and I love your Birks. Maybe you should start a shop so you have a reason to thrift forever!