Saturday, June 14, 2014

When Harry Met Sally



Such. A. Good. Movie.

I once watched an interview with Nora Ephron where she said the movie was completely unrealistic, and it would never happen in life, and I was like "Then why do you make the movie? Why do you make us believe it could?" But I have since decided: A) It could happen. Two people could be friends forever and then end up together. (I know of one such couple!) and B) Even if it isn't completely realistic, I'm just happy to have the fantasy on screen. And it's so funny! And Meg Ryan and Billy Crystal are just so great together! "When Harry Met Sally" -- Such. A. Good. Movie.

6 comments:

Isabella said...

Ahhh!! This is one of my all-time favorites. So many amazing lines, characters, etc... and whether or not it's completely realistic, there's a lot of truth to it that I appreciate. I really value friendship in a romantic relationship, and I love that the film showed their friendship evolve over the course of many years instead of jumping into romance or sex like most romantic comedies seem to. The old couples are also hilarious and heartwarming! Anyway, I could go on and on. I'm glad you chose to feature this :)

adventuresinhel.blogspot.fi 

Emmylou said...

Gosh! Haven't seen this in awhile. I do remember liking it. Meg Ryan's romcom movies in the 80s/90s were the best.

Becky said...

I think it's possible!

Lisa said...

This movie is 'our' movie and It Had to be You is 'our' song. I love it.
Lisa x

Melanie said...

The first time I saw it, I didn't like it very much. The second time, I liked it better. The third time, a little more...and so on.

Midnight Cowgirl said...

Love Nora Ephron and Meg Ryan, but I have still not seen this movie. Must get on that!