Sunday, September 8, 2013

Loving Lately

Lately I've been loving...


1. Thrifting. Last year, I barely thrifted at all during the school year because I was always just too exhausted. This year, I've discovered I actually still have energy on the weekends, and I am making use of it! Yesterday, I had one of the biggest hauls ever at a single thrift store. (Totally bought that purple embroidered dress, but in real  life I'll probably wear it with skinny jeans or leggings as it's a wee bit short.)


2. Target donations. I found four, count 'em, four, Target dresses during my thrifting, and they were all cute and my size, and they all came home with me. (Those first four piled are Target.) I love that Target donates its clothes that don't sell in the store. Some companies destroy unsold clothes, which hurts my heart!


3. Post-thrifting sushi. What to do when you've been thrifting all morning and have developed a significant appetite? Get sushi for lunch! I know, I know. I live a charmed life.

13 comments:

Natasha Gregson said...

Oooh I do love sushi although I love it drenched in soy sauce which probably deactivates the health benefits of sushi haha :) Love the dress!

Shybiker said...

There are joys out there for us if we pursue them. Thrifting and sushi are high on that list!

Emmylou said...

I didn't know Target does that. I'm liking the company even more:)
Great purple dress btw!

hannah said...

What a lovely post! I think thrifting is the American version of charity shopping in the UK :) I love to buy second hand things xx

Thrifted Shift said...

Hooray! It sounds like things are going well at school if you have the energy to thrift! And new Target things with sushi afterwards sounds wonderful!

mispapelicos said...

Sounds soooooooooooo perfect,dear friend.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Peaches McGinty said...

It's a great haul of fabness! well done, it's a thrill when you get a bagful of goodies! and yum sushi afterwards, life is good! x x

Helga said...

Legs! Woof!
Target does some great frocks, nice scoring! XXX

Ofelia said...

I'm loving your new found thrifting luck and the new sushi tradition!

Melancholy and Menace said...

It looks as though you thrifted some great finds on your outing.

Am I the only person on the planet who hates sushi?

Jane said...

love the purple dress! and i had no idea that target donated their stuff. way neat!

Melanie said...

Fantastic haul there. I love the short dress. And I am a fiend for sushi too.

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

A girl after my heart...thrift shopping and sushi. Sigh. I love your finds here, and that sushi looks yummy!